Welcome back! We’re excited to be reopening our services to you – our pools will reopen on Monday 9 November.
In line with the current health restrictions we’re excited to allow walk-in attendance to our pools - no booking or time limits needed!
Please note that we will continue to have several safety measures in place on your visit to our aquatic area.
We are also required to contact trace all visitors to our Centre.
Please learn more about contact tracing on our Centre Updates Page
In our Aquatics space these restrictions include:
- While we do not require bookings, we do still have pool capacity limits and signage in place in line with the current density limits and government restrictions. If a pool or space is at its signed capacity unfortunately you will not be able to use that pool until it falls below its capacity limit. Limits are outlined below;
- 50M Indoor Pool – 150 people
- Intermediate / Program Pool – 50 people
- Toddler Pool – 7 People
- Spa & Steam Room remain closed due to capacity and density limits
- Note – overall, our indoor aquatics area capacity cannot exceed 150 people at any one time. This capacity limit will overrule individual pool capacity limits where required.
- Masks must be worn by all visitors and staff in our Centre except when swimming, eating, drinking or exercising. We ask that you ensure you always wear your mask in line with government restrictions.
- At this time no public access equipment will be available i.e. aqua toys, water exercise equipment etc. You may bring your own, however there will be no shared or public equipment available. Where required for programming such as aqua aerobics and swimming lessons appropriate sanitisation of equipment will take place between users.
- Our spa and steam room will remain closed at this time.
- Change rooms and toilets are open at this time, however use of these facilities is included within your timeslot. Density limits also apply, so we have reduced capacity in these spaces and as such request where possible you come ready for your swim and shower at home after you leave.
Memberships are currently on suspension, but members can Opt-In to reactivate their memberships. If you’d like to reactivate your membership and haven’t yet received your reactivation email please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool availability / rates
Please note pool availability will vary dependant on programs and services operating throughout the day, including once our swimming lessons return. This may mean that while our facility is open not all aquatic spaces will always be available for public booking.
Monday to Friday
6:00am - 12:00pm
4:00pm - 7:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
Note: Initial re-opening hours only. These may change in line with further easing of restrictions or to meet customer demand.
Pool rates & bookings
- Adult Swim - $6.80
- Adult Conc Swim - $4.70
- Child U16yr Swim - $4.70
- Membership Opt-In Reactivation is available – members should refer to their emails or email us at email@example.com
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website.